The AJK Mass Communication Research Centre (MCRC) is a premier media institution in India. MCRC offers Masters and Post-graduate diploma courses in the domain of media.
- M.A. (Mass Communication)
- M.A. (Visual Effect and Animation)
- M.A. (Convergent Journalism)
- M.A. (Development Communication)
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- PG Diploma in Acting
- PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology
- PG Diploma in Still Photography & Visual Communication
Department of Hindi*
- P.G. Diploma in Journalism (Hindi Medium)
- P.G. Diploma in T. V. Journalism (Hindi Medium)
Faculty of Humanities & Languages**
- B.A. (Hons) (Mass Media Hindi)
- Applicants with a graduation in any discipline (10+2+3) with not less than 50 % marks in aggregate.
- Bachelor\’s degree (10+2+3) or equivalent in Physics/Electronics/Computer Science/IT/BCA or Engineering with at least 50% marks in aggregate. The candidate must have studied Physics and Maths at Sr. Secondary (10 + 2) level for PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology course.
- *Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution with not less than 45% marks in aggregate. Working knowledge of Hindi is essential.
- **Senior Sec. School Certificate or an equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate
RESERVATION OF SEATS
- As per Government of India orders for SC/ST/PH/ OBC candidates.
- 30% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for Muslim applicants.
- 10% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for Women applicants who are Muslims.
- 10% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for “Other Backward Classes”
- (OBCs) and Scheduled Tribes who are Muslims, as per the list notified by the Central Government.
NUMBER OF SEATS
|M.A. (Mass Communication)||50||200 marks||45 marks||55 marks|
|M.A. (Visual Effect and Animation)||20||200 marks||45 marks||55 marks|
|M.A. (Convergent Journalism)||20||200 marks||45 marks||55 marks|
|M.A. (Development Communication)||20||200 marks||45 marks||55 marks|
|PG Diploma in Acting||20||200 marks||45 marks||55 marks|
|PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology||20||200 marks||30 marks|
|PG Diploma in Still Photography & Visual Communication||20||200 marks||45 marks||55 marks|
INTERVIEW AND PORTFOLIO
|M.A. (Convergent Journalism)||National and international affairs|
Fine arts and culture
Science and technology
Language and literature
Major recent events
|Articles in newspapers or magazines|
Participation in radio and television programmes
Photography, painting and music
Making documentary films, producing radio programmes, designing and producing newspapers or magazines
|M.A. (Development Communication)||General knowledge |
Knowledge of political, cultural and economic issues
Knowledge of contemporary development issue
Knowledge of media for development
|Published articles/Researc paper|
Production work (audio and visual media)
Participation in social activities
Participation in theatre, debating, music, dance etc.
|PG Diploma in Acting||Acting/Theatre/Plays|
Current affairs and General knowledge
Speech/ Monologue from a full-length play
Perform/enact/improvise a scene or a situation
|Theatre production work on stage or back stage|
Theatre workshop experience.
|PG Diploma in Still |
|General awareness |
Knowledge of photography
Knowledge of current development in photography and various photographers
Participation in social activities
Participation in theatre, debating, music, sports etc.
Usually in last week of May. This year written entrance examination was on 25th May 2018.
- Candidates obtaining less than 30% marks in the descriptive part of the Entrance Test, will not be shortlisted for interview/admission.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Objective Type/ Multiple Choice questions.
APPLICATION PROCESS (For 2018-19 Session)
- The Application for admission may only be submitted On-line at Jamia Millia Islamia’s Website www.jmicoe.in. There is no printed application form for admission.
- Application Fee: 700 Rs.