Indian Institute of Mass Communication(IIMC) is one of the prestigious journalism institutes in India which functions under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, offers postgraduate diploma courses in Hindi, English, Odia, Urdu, Marathi and Malayalam Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations and Radio and TV Journalism. In November 2018, the HRD Ministry has issued a Letter of Intent (LoI) to the IIMC to grant it deemed university status, which will enable the institute to grant degrees instead of diplomas.
Post-graduate Diploma programmes
- Post-graduate Diploma in English Journalism
- Post-graduate Diploma in Hindi Journalism
- Post-graduate Diploma in Radio & TV Journalism (Medium of Instruction: Bilingual – English & Hindi)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations (Medium of Instruction: Bilingual – English & Hindi)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Odia Journalism
- Post -graduate Diploma in Urdu Journalism
- Post-graduate Diploma in Marathi Journalism
- Post-graduate Diploma in Malayalam Journalism
- Only Indian nationals are eligible for the PG Diploma Courses.
- In addition, five seats are available in each course for NRIs/NRI-sponsored candidates.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Candidate who have appeared/are appearing for a degree examination are also eligible to apply.
Date of birth (For 2018-19 Session)
- For general category candidates: 1.8.1993 or later.
- For SC/ST/Physically Handicapped candidates, the date is 1.8.1988 or later.
- For OBC category, it is 1.8.1990 or later.
RESERVATION OF SEATS
As per Government of India orders for SC/ST/PH/ OBC candidates.
NUMBER OF SEATS
|Radio & TV Journalism||46|
|Advertising & PR||70|
a) For Journalism Courses:
- General Awareness, including understanding of social dynamics, social and cultural history, legal and constitutional provisions, rights of citizens, development issues especially health, education, ecology and economy, international developments and their impact on India,
- Aptitude & mental make-up
- Language capability including oral and writing skills
- Analytical & comprehension skills
- Sensitivity to social issues
- Ethics & values.
b) For Advertising & Public Relations:
- General awareness about development and public issues
- Aptitude & mental make-up
- Language capability
- Analytical & Comprehension skills
- Brand awareness & recall
- Social Consciousness
- Lateral thinking capabilities
Usually on last Sunday of May. This year written entrance examination was on 27th May 2018.
Candidates who appear in the written examination will be ranked on the basis of the marks obtained. A shortlist based on merit will be prepared for each of the courses (including a separate shortlist for the reserved seats in each course). The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview/group discussion during the last week of June/first week of July in New Delhi at the candidates’ own expense.
The list of candidates to be admitted to the courses will be prepared on the basis of the combined marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and in the interview /group discussion. The weightage for the written examination and the interview / group discussion will be 75:25.
Student can either fill the application form online and also pay the fee online or download the application form, fill it and send by post along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 1,500/- for General & Rs. 1,000/-for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped category candidates drawn in favour of “IIMC, New Delhi” as Entrance Examination fee on or before 1st May by post or in person.
The Additional Director General (T&A), Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067
IMPORTANT DATES (For 2018-19 Session)
|Sale of application forms begins||20thMarch, 2018|
|Sale of application forms closes||1st May, 2018|
|Last date of receipt of filled-in Application Forms||1st May, 2018|
|Entrance Examination for all Courses (Other than Urdu, Odia, Marathi and Malayalam)||27thMay, 2018|
|Entrance Examination for Journalism (Urdu, Odia, Marathi and Malayalam)||26thMay, 2018|
|Announcement of Entrance Examination results||IInd/IIIrd week of June 2018|
|Interview dates||Last week of June/Ist week of July 2018|
|Announcement of final selection||IInd/IIIrd week of July 2018|
|Last date to deposit first instalment of fee||IIIrd week of July, 2018|
|*Last date to submit Graduation Marksheet/Degree, failing which the Provisional Admission will be cancelled||August 31, 2018|
|Academic Session begins||Last week of July or Ist week of August, 2018|