What is Personality?
- Personality is the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual\’s distinctive character.
- Personality is about our different ways of being human. It is made up of the characteristic patterns of thoughts, feelings and behaviors that make a person unique.
- Like humane personality, Brand Personalityis the way a brand speaks and behaves. Therefore while defining brand personality we assign some human personality traits/characteristics to a brand, so as to achieve a differentiation.
- By doing so, a brand personality becomes something to which the consumer can relate. This is the added-value that a brand gains, aside from its functional benefits.
- Brand personality is the result of all the consumer’s experiences with the brand. It is unique and long lasting.
- The assigned characteristics signify brand behavior through both individuals representing the brand (i.e. it’s employees, brand ambassador, CEO etc.) as well as through advertising, packaging, etc.
- A brand is expressed either as a personality who carries these personality traits or distinct personality traits.
- Shahrukh Khan and Airtel
- John Abraham and Castrol
- Priyanka Chopra as brand ambassador for J.Hampstead
- Dove as honest, feminist and optimist