Press Trust of India (PTI)
- PTI is India’s premier news agency, headquartered in New Delhi and is a nonprofit cooperative of more than 500 Indian newspapers. It employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India. Collectively, they put out more than 2,000 stories and 200 photographs a day. It’s Hindi service is called Bhasha.
- PTI correspondents are based in all important news centers around the world. It also has tie-up with several foreign news agencies. Currently, PTI commands 90% of new agency market share in India.
- PTI was registered in 1947 and started functioning in 1949. PTI is run by a Board of Directors with the Chairmanship going by rotation at the Annual General Meeting. The day-to-day administration and management of PTI is headed by the CEO, who is also the Editor-in-Chief. It’s board of directors includes owner/editor of most of the leading publications in India like, Vineet Jain, Aveek Sarkar, Viveck Goenka, N Ravi etc.
United News of India (UNI)
- UNI started its commercial operations on March 21, 1961. It has News Bureaus in all state capitals and other major cities. The agency also has representatives in key world capitals.
- UNI was the first to start a multi-language news service UNIVARTA on May 1, 1982 that provides news services to Hindi newspapers.
- UNI remains the first and only news agency in the world to supply news in Urdu since June 5, 1992.
- The agency’s subscribers include newspapers published in 14 languages, AIR, Doordarshan, the Central and State governments, corporate and commercial houses besides electronic and web based media
Indo-Asian News Service (IANS)
- IANS was established in 1986, initially to serve as an information bridge between India and its diaspora in North America. Today it is a full-fledged, 24X7 agency based in Delhi-NCR (Noida), putting out the real-time news from India, South Asia and news of this region around the world.
- IANS is divided into six strategic business units: IANS English, IANS Hindi, IANS Publishing, IANS Business Consultancy, IANS Solutions, and IANS Mobile.
- Its client list includes a range of print publications, television news channels, websites, ethnic publications abroad, government ministries, foreign missions, private sector players, and multilateral institutions.
- Tarun Basuis the Chief Editor and Director of the IANS.
Asian News International (ANI)
- ANI is South Asia \’s leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India , South Asia and across the globe.
- ANI has established itself as a ‘complete content house\’ providing text, video and picture content for TV, print, mobile and online media.
- ANI also provide a range of facilities for foreign and domestic channels to package their reports in India and uplink via satellite. These include provision of professional crews, editing and post production facilities, access to archives, uplinking facilities, coordinators, producers and correspondents, as per requirement.
- ANI services includes loosely edited news feeds and customized programmes for television channels, audio bytes for radio stations, live web casting and streamed multimedia / text content for websites and mobile carriers, and news wire services for newspapers, magazines and websites.
- The Hindusthan Samacharwas formed on 1st Dec. 1948, and provide news in 14 Indian languages. It’s subscribers includes AIR, Doordarshan, various State Governments, Nepal Radio and a number of regional papers.
- Presently the service is being provided in Hindi, Marathi, Gujrati, Nepali, Oriya, Asamiya, Kannad, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Sindhi, Sanskrit, Punjabi and Bangla. The service is fully based on the web internet technology. The subscriber can either downloaded the next or convert it into E-mail format.
- In India this agency has offices in all the states. The news circulated in all the Indian languages by Hindusthan Samachar could be checked on the Website www.hindusthansamachar.com